Santa Monica, Calif. (April 26, 2018) — The Recording Academy™ Producers & Engineers Wing® continues to serve the industry by offering educational and networking events and highlighting the achievements of those who labor behind the scenes to produce music. The P&E Wing provides a forum where all recording professionals – producers, engineers and studio personnel, along with audio retailers, manufacturers, and educators – can work together to preserve and grow our industry.
The last six months have seen a number of notable P&E Wing events, including:
- October 18, 2017 – AES meeting with Congressman Jeffries: The P&E Wing prepared a visit for Congressman Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY, Brooklyn) to the AES New York Convention on the Recording Academy’s District Advocate Day, where he met and spoke with Academy and AES members about pending legislation important to music creators, including the producer-focused AMP Act.
- January 9-12, 2018 – CES Hi-Res Music Pavilion: Six P&E Wing members participated in the Stream the Studio exhibit showcasing Hi-Res music at the Las Vegas Convention Center: Chuck Ainlay, Ed Cherney, Richard Furch, Dave O’Donnell, Greg Penny and Ryan Ulyate; with numerous other P&E Wing members also featured via video. Points of interest at the Pavilion included hi-res streaming on LG and Sony phones and an automotive premium music system experience from Ford/Lincoln.
- January 25, 2018 – GRAMMY Week® P&E Wing Celebration Honoring Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz: The Recording Academy Producers & Engineers Wing 11th annual celebration was held for the first time in New York City, on Thursday, Jan. 25, 2018 at Rockefeller Center’s iconic Rainbow Room, reprising what has become a highly anticipated event that marks the official start of GRAMMY Week. Representatives from top manufacturers, services and organizations pledged their support for the event and were in attendance to honor individuals who strive for audio excellence and who have championed creative freedom throughout their career. The gathering recognized Alicia Keys and Kasseem Dean, aka Swizz Beatz, for their commitment to creative and sonic excellence and their ongoing support for the art and craft of recorded music.
Additionally, the P&E Wing has been involved with numerous co-branded events, organized in tandem with local Recording Academy chapters, including:
- November 8, 2017 – Chicago Chapter – GRAMMY SoundTables® With Mick Guzauski: During this conversation with engineer, producer, and owner of Chicago’s VSOP Studios, Matt Hennessy, at Old Town School Of Folk Music, Guzauski shared highlights from his career, including Daft Punk’s 2013 GRAMMY® Awards Album of the Year winner Random Access Memories
- Listening Sessions
- December 5, 2017 – Chicago Chapter – In the Studio at IV Lab
- December 7, 2017 – San Francisco Chapter – Surround Sound Nominee Listening Session: At Skywalker Ranch
- February 27, 2018 – Nashville Chapter – Member Mix: Listening Session: At Eugenia Hall with focus on Contemporary Christian Music and Gospel
- February 16, 2018 – Memphis Chapter – “Recording Roots Records Today” panel at Folk Alliance Conference (Kansas City): GRAMMY-winning engineer/producer Trina Shoemaker, producer/writer/artist Marvin Etzioni; with moderator, GRAMMY-winning engineer/producer Bil VornDick
- February 24, 2018 – Pacific NW Chapter – “Mastering & Engineering for Vinyl” panel at Portland Music Summit with; Tucker Martine, Adam Gonsalves, and Amy Dragon
- March 22, 2018 – Washington, D.C. Chapter – An Evening with Marcella Araica & Kesha Lee: celebrating Women’s History Month moderated by Carolyn Malachi.
“The P&E Wing and its membership continue to be a forceful voice for the recording community,” stated Maureen Droney, Recording Academy Managing Director, P&E Wing and Recording Technology. “With professional education, listening events, advocacy initiatives and more, the P&E Wing represents for the men and women ‘behind the glass,’ advocating for best practices, excellence in audio and overall, respect for the art and craft of recording.”