NAZARETH, Pa. (Winter NAMM, HALL D, Booth 5602) – January 16, 2020 – C. F. Martin & Co.® (Martin®) introduced, at the Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim, California, the SC-13E, a new guitar with a brand-new body shape, designed from the ground up to be extremely comfortable and remove the limitations of a conventional cutaway acoustic-electric.
“By observing and talking to musicians over the years, we were able to identify challenges with conventional acoustic cutaways and address them,” said Vice President of Product Development Fred Greene. “ With the
SC-13E, we wanted to create an acoustic guitar with the comfort and playability of an electric.
The thoughtfully designed SC-13E is packed with innovations, including:
- The all-new shape that is designed for comfort and sonic balance.
- A revolutionary cutaway design that completely removes the heel, allowing full access to every fret without contorting your hand.
- The groundbreaking Sure AlignTMneck system, with a linear dovetail neck joint, that allows for easy adjustments to the action and neck tension.
- A 13-fret position neck joint with a 25.4” scale length that offers the tone of a long scale and the playability of a short scale.
- A low-profile neck, ergonomically designed for improved playing positions and comfort.
- An onboard Fishman® pickup, complete with a built-in tuner.
- New appointments that give the guitar a stunning aesthetic, including new inlays and koa fine veneer.
“Our product team continues to break the mold and bring new and exciting innovations to life,” said C. F. Martin & Company Chairman and CEO Chris Martin. “I am pleased to add the SC-13E to our product line, and I encourage both acoustic and electric guitar players to give it a try. They’ll be impressed by what they can accomplish.”
To learn more about the SC-13E, please visit www.martinguitar.com/nolimits.