Country artist Alecia Nugent returns after a ten-year recording hiatus to release a new album, The Old Side of Town, on September 18 is available for pre-order by clicking here.
We are pleased to premiere the single “Sad Song” today ahead of the album’s release.
The IBMA and SPBGMA award-winner and former Rounder Records artist Alecia Nugent left Nashville to return to her home state of Louisiana a little more than ten years ago. “I moved back home to be closer to family and finish raising my daughters,” she recalls. “While I was there my dad was diagnosed with cancer and then passed away.” She goes on to say that, “For everything there is a season,” she states. “I lost my dad, lost in love and grieved alongside my daughter when she lost someone. Music brings it all full circle for me.”
“I had the privilege of writing this with Roger Murrah and Keith Stegall. This song is very personal for me, like opening a window to my soul. Years ago, Mr. Tom T. Hall said, ‘Alecia, this is just another chapter in that book you’re going to write someday.’ Well, instead of a book, ‘it’s just another sad song.'”
The 10-track offering, produced by Keith Stegall (Alan Jackson, Zac Brown Band, Billy Ray Cyrus), The disc highlights Alecia’s Country roots and showcases the “heart and soul” voice that she effortlessly brings to the mic. Alecia’s songwriting skills are also on display; a talent nurtured by her mentor/employer, Tom T. Hall. Songs by world-class tunesmiths Larry Cordle, Carl Jackson, Kevin Denney, Erin Enderlin, Brandy Clark, Keith Stegall, Roger Murrah, Paul Craft, and Hall are included—and Nugent proves she wields an equally pointed pen with five co-writes on the album.
Alecia Nugent on “Sad Song”
Alecia Nugent on The Old Side of Town
- The Old Side of Town (T. Hall)
- I Might Have One Too (E. Enderlin, L. Cordle)
- They Don’t Make ‘em Like My Daddy Anymore (A. Nugent, C. Jackson)
- Way Too Young For Wings (A. Nugent, J. Leblanc, J. Stegall, B. Maher)
- Tell Fort Worth I Said Hello (A. Nugent, L. Cordle, K. Denney)
- The Other Woman (B. Clark, M. Jones)
- Too Bad You’re No Good (P. Craft, C. Holmes)
- Sad Song (A. Nugent, R. Murrah, K. Stegall)
- I Thought He’d Never Leave (A. Nugent, R. Murrah, K. Stegall)
- Bonus Track
Catch up on all things Alecia online: