NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Critically-acclaimed singer-songwriter Jenny Tolman “brought the laughs — and the earworming entertainment (Tennessean / Marcus K. Dowling)” with her new video for the title track of her sophomore album “Married in a Honky Tonk.”
Click HERE to stream or download Married in a Honky Tonk.
The Tennessean exclusively premiered the video, which was shot at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar in Jackson, Wyo. Jackson has become a special place for Tolman and her fiancé, GRAMMY-nominated producer Dave Brainard. As featured on People.com, Tolman and Brainard got engaged in Jackson in October of 2020 after four years of dating and are scheduled to marry there later this month.
“The first time I ever played ‘Married in a Honky Tonk’ for a live audience was at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar in Jackson, Wyo. The song mentions the Cowboy Bar in it, so I said from the stage that I had a dream to get to shoot the music video for this song, there. Well, the crowd absolutely loved the song and went wild, and the next thing I knew, the community came together to make that dream a reality,” Tolman shared with the Tennessean. “If you’re gonna get married in a Honky Tonk, the Cowboy Bar in Jackson is definitely the place to do it!”
Tolman unveiled Married in a Honky Tonk, March 4 following a show-stopping performance at her standing-room-only album release show in Nashville.
With Married in a Honky Tonk, Tolman vows to join the colorful characters of the fictional ‘Jennyville’ with her own real-life experiences. The release of her sophomore album marks a turning point for the singer and is the second collaboration with GRAMMY®-nominated producer and co-writer Dave Brainard.
The Nashville native has received critical-acclaim for her masterful storytelling found in the lyrics of her songs and co-wrote every song on the new album. From the spirited, tongue-firmly-in-cheek “Home to Roost” to poignant lines like Sometimes the only reason/I think this heart of mine keeps beating/Is so I can go on wishing you were here (“Nothing Left of You”) to the moving-on optimism of I’ll breathe in a brand-new day/ And exhale your memory in “Sweetest Revenge” Tolman marries humor, sorrow and resilience.
Married in a Honky Tonk Track List
1. Good Morning Jennyville (Dave Brainard/Jenny Tolman)
2. Borrowing Sugar (Dave Brainard/ Rob Hatch/Jenny Tolman)
3. The World’s a Small Town (Dave Brainard/Jenny Tolman/Bill Whyte)
4. Married in a Honky Tonk (Dave Brainard/Jenny Tolman/Bill Whyte)
5. Sweetest Revenge (Dave Brainard/ Jeff Silbar/Jenny Tolman)
6. Watering the Weeds (Dave Brainard/ Mando Saenz/Jenny Tolman)
7. I Know Some Cowboys (Dave Brainard/ Jenny Tolman/Bill Whyte)
8. Afraid (Jenny Tolman)
9. Home to Roost (Dave Brainard/Jeff Silbar/Jenny Tolman)
10. The Mayor’s Remarks
11. Same Train as You (Dave Brainard/Jenny Tolman)
12. Working Woman’s Blues (Dave Brainard/Jenny Tolman/Bill Whyte)
13. Nothing Left of You (Dave Brainard/Rick Tiger/Jenny Tolman)