NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Big Loud’s Country songstress, Ashley Cooke, continues to build excitement around her debut album as she unlocks two additional tracks from her highly-anticipated first record, shot in the dark. Following the album announcement made from the Grand Ole Opry stage, Cooke, “known for her honeyed vocals and personal songwriting” (American Songwriter), continues to give fans a glimpse into the heartfelt depths of her debut collection with brand-new songs “your place” and “enough to leave” available everywhere now. Today’s releases showcase the wide spectrum of emotions and raw relatability that can be expected from her forthcoming record.
“One of the coolest parts about releasing an album with 24 songs is that I can really dive deep into all the different sides of my experiences and feelings,” reflects Cooke. “The songs I’m releasing today explore two different emotions I have experienced after relationships ended, both are ultimately about seeking happiness after it didn’t work out. Breakups are complicated, and ‘your place’ and ‘enough to leave’ both dig into that.”
“your place” is a captivating anthem of self-empowerment and setting boundaries and is released today with a brand-new music video, Co-written by Cooke with Jordan Minton and Mark Trussell, this empowering track showcases Cooke’s commanding vocals as she reclaims her power and strength after being wronged in a relationship. The dynamic musical arrangement adds a fresh twist to an all-too-familiar feeling – he made his bed, and she’s not sleeping in it.
On the flip side of heartbreak is “enough to leave” – a poignant and emotional track inspired by sage advice from her mother. Cooke describes it as the most challenging song to write on the album and enlisted the talents of Matt Roy and Lauren Weintraub to bring it to life. Exploring the difficult decision of walking away from a relationship, Cooke’s emotive vocals find her grappling with the revelation that sometimes setting the wrong person free is the kindest thing you can do for them.
Just two weeks ago, Cooke gave fans the first taste of what to expect of the freshman record, stunning with title-track “shot in the dark,” “tastes like” and the heartfelt duet “mean girl (feat. Colbie Caillat).” After the early tracks dropped, Holler noted “it seems shot in the dark could well be the album to launch the fast-emerging artist into Country’s upper echelons.” As the July 21 release of shot in the dark approaches, her debut album promises to showcase the pages of her journal laid bare for all to see. With its sun-kissed melodies and genuine lyrics, the collection stands as a testament to the roller coaster of life, inviting listeners to come along for the ride to experience each raw and relatable moment. The 24-song project is poised to be one of longest debut albums by a female Country artist to date.
Continuing another robust year of touring that has included her first overseas performance at C2C, tours with Cole Swindell, Jordan Davis and Brett Young, Cooke is set to join Country megastar Luke Bryan’s Country On Tour this summer, kicking off next week on July 13 in Hershey, Pa. On Aug. 23, Cooke will launch her first-ever headlining tour, shot in the dark Tour, in her home-state of Florida in Panama City. Stay up to date with the latest news and more exciting announcements by visiting ashleycooke.com and following along on Instagram, YouTube and TikTok @theashleycooke.
SHOT IN THE DARK TRACKLIST
1. “tastes like” (Ashley Cooke, Jordan Minton, Emily Weisband, Corey Crowder)
2. “it’s been a year” (Ashley Cooke, Will Weatherly, Brett Tyler)
3. “see you around (feat. Nate Smith)” (Ashley Cooke, Brett Tyler, Will Bundy)
4. “shot in the dark” (Ashley Cooke, Jordan Minton, Emily Weisband, Corey Crowder)
5. “moving on with grace” (Ashley Cooke, Rocky Block, Jake Mitchell)
6. “getting into” (Ashley Cooke, Emily Weisband, Will Weatherly)
7. “enough to leave” (Ashley Cooke, Matt Roy, Lauren Weintraub)
8. “i almost do” (Ashley Cooke, Trevor Rosen, Josh Osborne)
9. “mean girl (feat. Colbie Caillat)” (Ashley Cooke, Colbie Caillat, Nicolle Galyon, Jimmy
10. “running back” (Ashley Cooke, Emily Weisband, Will Weatherly)
11. “good thing going” (Ashley Cooke, Matt Dragstrem, Brett Tyler, Geoff Warburton)
12.” next to you” (Ashley Cooke)
13. “good to be back” (Ashley Cooke, Hunter Phelps, Jameson Rodgers, Alysa Vanderheym)
14. “what are you on fire about (feat. Jackson Dean)” (Lainey Wilson, Jason Nix, Luke Dick)
15. “say no more” (Devin Dawson, Donovan Woods, Travis Wood)
16. “tryin’ to love you” (Ashley Cooke, Hillary Lindsey, Chase McGill, Jimmy Robbins)
17. “back in the saddle” (Josh Kerr, Jordan Reynolds, Jordan Minton)
18. “your place” (Ashley Cooke, Jordan Minton, Mark Trussell)
19. “dirt on ’em” (Ashley Cooke, Jessi Alexander, Aysa Vanderheym)
20. “build a bridge” (Sasha Sloan, Ryan Hurd, Geoff Warburton, Henry Agincourt Allen)
21. “get you” (Ashley Cooke, Jacob Durrett, John Byron)
22. “never til now” (Ashley Cooke, Matt Roy)
23. “gonna get” (Ashley Cooke, Sasha Sloan, Blake Pendergrass, David Garcia)
24. “state i’m in” (Ashley Cooke, Emily Weisband, Jordan Reynolds)