Knoxville, TN, October 19, 2020 — Waves Audio, the world’s leading developer of professional audio signal processing technologies and a leading maker of audio plugins for mixing, music production, mastering, sound design, broadcast, post-production and live sound, announces the availability of V12 (Version 12), the new version of Waves plugins.
Waves V12 adds exciting new features to Waves’ entire massive catalogue of plugins. This includes the ability to resize Waves plugins, highly requested by Waves users. Other new additions include a new accelerated preset search engine, sharp retina-ready graphics, and plugins added to select premium bundles.
Waves V12 plugins now let you resize your plugins, in order to view them however large or small you want to. You can choose from five GUI sizes – up to 200% of the original plugin size. You can also customize different default sizes per plugin, to have them open in whichever size you prefer them. You can now see and tweak your plugins more easily, maximize your screen real estate, and boost your productivity.
With V12 you can also find and audition presets instantly using the new lightning-fast preset browser. You can now find the perfect preset for your tracks more easily than ever. No need to browse manually through preset menus and submenus – you can now search presets by text, filter them by name, and quickly audition different presets on the fly while playing your track.
V12 also adds retina-ready graphics to all Waves plugins. You can now take full advantage of retina displays and reduce CPU load by processing plugin graphics on your GPU (graphics card).
Owners of Waves’ premium Platinum, Horizon and Diamond bundles who update their bundles to V12 get three bonus plugins added to their bundle without extra charge: LoAir, Submarine, and the Smack Attack transient shaper.
Updating your plugins to V12 helps you future-proof your sessions and ensure your Waves plugins will remain fully compatible with the latest operating system and DAW versions. This way you can stop worrying about technical details and focus your attention on what matters most – your creative workflow.
To update to V12, your Waves plugins need to be covered by the Waves Update Plan, the complete care and support plan for Waves products. The Waves Update Plan comes free for one year with every new Waves plugin or bundle purchase, and is renewable at any time afterwards. Owners of products covered by the Waves Update Plan also get:
- Second licenses for any covered products, for the duration of their coverage; second licenses can be used on a different computer, without having to move licenses back and forth between devices.
- Premium tech support, including phone, email & personal remote assistance via TeamViewer
- Vouchers towards any Waves software purchase
- Exclusive access to Waves Premium Masterclasses – a new series launched in tandem with V12. The first masterclass in the series – available exclusively to Waves Update Plan owners – features GRAMMY®-winning mix engineer & producer Young Guru (Jay Z).
Waves V12 plugins – New Features & Additions:
- Resizable plugin windows – V12 plugins offer five interface sizes to let you organize your screens however you like.
- Lightning-fast preset search – Find the perfect preset with instant text search, instead of browsing manually through menus, and quickly audition your results.
- Retina-ready sharper graphics – Take full advantage of retina displays and reduce CPU load by processing plugin graphics on your GPU.
- Future-proofed compatibility – Full ongoing compatibility with the latest major DAWs & operating systems.
- Free plugins added to selected premium bundles: Platinum, Horizon, and Diamond owners get LoAir, Smack Attack and Submarine.
Waves Audio devotes considerable effort and software development resources in order to ensure that the plugins that users have invested in, whether recently or twenty years ago, will always remain compatible with all the latest major DAWs and operating systems. V12 is the latest in Waves’ ongoing updates, allowing users to continuously focus on what is important: creating the best music and audio they possibly can, now and in the future.