SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • August 29, 2023 — Universal Audio Inc. (UA), a worldwide leader in audio production tools including the popular Apollo and Volt audio interfaces, UAD plug-ins, and UA microphones, is proud to release Apollo Twin X USB, now shipping and available in stores worldwide. Featuring elite-class A/D and D/A conversion inherited directly from the award-winning Apollo X rackmount interfaces, and USB 3 connectivity for Windows, Apollo Twin X USB is a potent sonic update to the world’s most popular professional desktop audio interface.
Available in UAD-2 DUO Core format for running acclaimed UAD plug-ins in real time, this 10×6 USB 3 audio interface improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion — giving recordists increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD.
· Desktop 10 x 6 USB 3 audio interface for Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
· UAD-2 DUO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
· Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
· Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
· Improved monitor functionality including Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
· 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
· Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT or Optical S/PDIF
· Includes Heritage Edition UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressor collections, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ Collection, Pultec Passive EQ Collection, Pure Plate Reverb, and more
· Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST & AAX in all major DAWs
· Works with your Windows DAW via rock solid ASIO drivers
· Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
· Free, industry-leading technical support — from knowledgeable audio engineers