WHO: The Ladybug Festival
WHAT: The Ladybug Festival is the largest celebration of women in music in America, created in 2012 by Gable Music Ventures as an alternative to the predominantly male-driven festival lineups that were becoming the norm (on average female artists make up only 19%-30% of festival lineups).
Jamila Mustafa of MTV, BET, and other major broadcasting networks will be hosting this year’s event.
Nearly 50 musical performances will range from female music powerhouses of all genres, including Vanessa Carlton, Mary Lambert, Larkin Poe, Kechi Okwuchi, Taimane, and more.
In addition to musical acts, the lineup will include: short cooking demonstrations, yoga, happy hour with an official Festival cocktail, and inspirational stories that all center around giving women a platform to shine.
WHEN: They have partnered with Jet Phynx Films Creative Agency® to launch the summer’s biggest online, ALL FEMALE music festival to audiences worldwide on June 29 and June 30, 2020, kicking off at 5:00PM EST.
WHERE: There will be a $20 minimum donation to stream the two-day event at https://theladybugfestival.com/
Tickets on sale via www.theladybufestival.com.
WHY: The festival was formed with the intention of bridging this gap, celebrating the empowerment of women, and giving women a stage to share their voices
- In the wake of COVID-19, Gable Music found an opportunity to continue their mission, while raising funds for those affected by the pandemic.
- A portion of proceeds will be distributed nationally to the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund, who will be creating a fund specifically to assist female artists in financial crises due to loss of business from COVID-19 event closures.
- Additionally, funds will be distributed to a Delaware-based non-profit organization, Downtown Visions, to benefit the Wilmington based small businesses, which would have normally been involved and profited from the live production of the event.
- The lineup has always consisted of 100% entirely female-driven/ female-fronted bands, or lead by those identifying female – and women are hired in all aspects of live event production, including stage managers, sound engineers, and event management roles.
- 2019 live event recap
- Learn more about The Ladybug Festival history –
Connect with The Ladybug Festival