The initial 75 person lineup and programming for the 2015 ASCAP “I Create Music” EXPO, to be held April 30 through May 2 at the Loews Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles, has been announced. Now in its 10th year, the ASCAP EXPO gives new music creators access to a world-class gathering of music talent for three days of panels and discussions dedicated to the craft and business of songwriting, composing and producing.
This year’s lineup includes current hitmakers like Savan Kotecha (Ariana Grande, Jessie J, One Direction, Maroon 5), Greg Kurstin (Kelly Clarkson, Ellie Goulding), Jesse Shatkin (Sia, Pink), Kevin Kadish (Meghan Trainor, Jason Mraz), Darrell Brown (LeAnn Rimes, Keith Urban), Da Internz (Nicki Minaj, John Legend, Rihanna), Ashley Gorley (Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley), Sevyn Streeter (Alicia Keys, Ariana Grande, Chris Brown), Claudia Brant (Ricky Martin, Enrique Iglesias, Marc Anthony) and Kirby Lauryen (Rihanna, Kanye West, Paul McCartney); indie favorites Andrew Bird, Ingrid Michaelson and Nick Thorburn (Islands, Serial); and artist/songwriters Bill Withers, Kevin Cronin (REO Speedwagon), Hanson, Goapele and many more.
Click here for a complete list of panels and detailed schedule
UPDATE MARCH 6th: Nearly 30 new ASCAP EXPO panelists have been added including Toby Gad (“All of Me”), R&B hitmaker Andrea Martin, Shawn Patterson (“Everything is Awesome”), artist Santigold and songwriter/artist Eddie Schwartz.
UPDATE MARCH 13th: Over 20 new ASCAP EXPO panelists have been added including William Larsen (“Am I Wrong”) and Audra Mae (“Little Red Wagon”).
UPDATE MARCH 25th: Nearly 20 new ASCAP EXPO panelists have been added including legendary R&B songwriter/artist Valerie Simpson (“Ain’t No Mountain High Enough,” “I’m Every Woman,”) and composer Deborah Lurie.
UPDATE APRIL 3rd: Over 20 new ASCAP EXPO panelists have been added to the lineup.
UPDATE APRIL 10th: Nearly 20 new ASCAP EXPO panelists have been added to the lineup including prolific songwriter/artist Richard Marx as well No I.D., a hit producer and the Head of A&R at Def Jam Recordings.
UPDATE APRIL 14th: The complete 2015 ASCAP EXPO schedule and detailed programming has been announced!
UPDATE APRIL 19th: The ASCAP EXPO lineup has grown again with the addition of Grizzly Bear’s Chris Taylor to the “We Create Music” panel and MICK, who will DJ Friday night’s After-Hours Networking event, as well as ten others. The new confirmations join the nearly 200 people previously announced for the upcoming ASCAP EXPO.
In addition to keynote interviews, master classes and top-notch performances, the ASCAP EXPO provides panels designed to educate and support music creators at every stage of their career. There are also several opportunities for attendees to get their music heard – and receive honest feedback and advice. For more information and to register, visit http://www.ascap.com/eventsawards/events/expo/2015/registration.aspx.
ASCAP “I Create Music” EXPO programming will include:
Keynotes and Conversations
- Who He Is (and What is He is To You): “I Create Music” Interview with Bill Withers; Interviewed by Aloe Blacc
- “We Create Music” with Tody Gad, Deborah Lurie, Richard Marx, No I.D. and Grizzly Bear’s Chris Taylor
- Washington D©: How New Laws and Copyright Changes Will Impact Music Creators with ASCAP President Paul Williams, Congressman Doug Collins, Congressman Hakeem Jeffries and Songwriter/Artist Aloe Blacc
- Master Session with Richard Bellis: Creativity on a Deadline
- Master Session with Claudia Brant: Anatomy Of A Great Song
- Master Session with Douglas Cuomo: Musician’s Survival Toolkit
- Master Session with Da Internz: Write Ya Life, An Interactive Session
- Master Session with Savan Kotecha: The Economics and Anatomy of a Hit Songwriter
- Master Session with Richard Marx: Right Here Waiting
- Master Session with Ingrid Michaelson: The Way I Am
- Master Session with Mike Reid: From the Gridiron to the GRAMMYs
- Hit Songwriters: In It to Win It with Kevin Kadish, Greg Kurstin, William Larsen, Jesse Shatkin and Sevyn Streeter
- Live Multi-Genre Song Feedback Workshop Series with Darrell Brown
- Rock Songwriters on the Move with John Feldmann, Chris Lorde-Alge and Deryck Whibley (Sum 41)
- Murphy’s Laws of Songwriting
- Trading Places: Composers Working As Songwriters (and Vice-Versa) with Jared Gutstadt, Daniel Heath, Brandon Jay, Shawn Patterson and Nick Thorburn
- Jack of All Scores: Versatility in TV Composing and Feedback with Roger Neill, Craig Marks, Joey Newman, Elvin Ross and Jonathan Sadoff
- Straight Talk and Feedback from Country Music Pros
- R&B/Hip-Hop Feedback
- Pop/Rock Feedback
- Women Behind the Music with Goapele, Erica Grayson, Faith Newman, Santigold and Sevyn Streeter
- The Music Supervisor’s Mission
- Higher Calling: Growing a Career in Gospel Music with Maurette Brown Clark, LaShawn Daniels, Janice Gaines, William McDowell and Jonathan McReynolds
- Desmond Child Presents Fair Trade Music: Re-Visioning the Music Ecosystem
- On the Come Up: Mama We Made It
- Know Your Placement: Music Publishing in Film, TV and Beyond
- Making the Most of Your ASCAP Membership
- Managing Your Online Presence (Presented by Squarespace)
- Strike Up the Brand: How to Boost Your Music Career with Partners and Sponsors (Presented by Billboard)
- Website Demolition Derby (Presented by Bandzoogle)
- Mastering Workshop: Simple Steps to Radio Ready (Presented by iZotope)
- Shaping Ideas and Producing (Presented by Native Instruments)
- The Instrumentalist-Producer’s Guide to Finishing Music (Presented by Ableton)
- Nuts & Bolts of the Music Business with Donald Passman, Esq.
- The Visual Streams: Making Money With Your Music on YouTube and Beyond (Presented by AdRev & Killer Tracks)
- Show Me The Money: Creating your DIY Monetization Strategy (Presented by CD Baby)
- Creative Cohorts: How a Writer-Publisher Team Works Together
- Adoption vs. Babysitting: How to Choose Between a Music Publishing and Admin Deal (Presented by Lommen Abdo)
- Building Your Team
- The Writers Jam with Andrew Bird, Aloe Blacc, Ashley Gorley and Andrea Martin
- “I Create Music” Center Stage with Kevin Cronin (REO Speedwagon), Hanson, Mike Reid and Valerie Simpson
- ASCAP EXPO iStandard Producer and Rapper Showcase
- ASCAP EXPO Attendee Showcase (Presented by Eventbrite)
Dozens of sponsor sessions consisting of workshops and product demos
One-on-One and Lunch Roundtable Mentor Sessions
Music equipment, resources and technology exhibits
And much more!