America Meditates with dBTechnologies

Spot On Sound debuts fully-powered VIO line array system

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar speaks at America Meditates Denver using dBTechnologies VIO and DVX loudspeakers
Spread the love

Longmont, Colorado-based Spot On Sound unleashed the power of its new VIO line array system from dBTechnologies this summer at America Meditates Denver, a festival of diverse proportions held July 24th at Denver City Park. The event’s production demands were broad, placing demands on VIO technology to meet the needs of prominent speakers, meditation sessions hosted by Indian spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, and live music from MC Yogi, Milck, Liquid Bloom, Majeste, and the So What Project.

“America Meditates Denver represented the first time we used a VIO system of this scale,” says Spot On Sound co-owner and founder John Veit. “I view this inventory as a foundation of building blocks. 40% of my business is festival-related, while the other 60% is corporate. Now I can fly eight or 10 full-range cabinets per side along with some subs for a corporate event, and still have enough left over to do a side stage. At a festival I can scale-up and cover significantly larger crowds. VIO’s performance and sonic quality are as good or better than anything else out there. Sound, however, isn’t the only criteria for judging a system’s worth. Having the tools to do good business counts just as much, and that’s where dBTechnologies really shines.”

Within Spot On Sound’s VIO inventory are 16 L210 two-way line array cabinets, eight compact L208 line array enclosures, and 10 S218 double-18 subwoofers. Six DVX DM12 TH and two DVX DM15 TH bi-amped stage monitors are also part of the collection, as are a pair each of VIO X10 and X12 point source loudspeakers.

MC Yogi unleashes the power of dBTechnology’s VIO PA and DVX DM TH stage monitors at America Meditates Denver

Veit, along with his wife and business partner Maggie, have built Spot On Sound as a full-service sound, lighting, video, staging, and backline provider. “We grew the audio side of this business on the back of constant curvature arrays,” he explains. “When we were ready to take things to the next level, I was worried about the major investment needed to continue in that direction. With dBTechnologies, the cost of ownership and return on investment have exceeded my expectations. That’s good business.”

Fernando Benevenia, the producer of America Meditates, concurs. “The cost was right for what we needed and everyone loved the sound. I would work with John and Maggie again without reservations. Finding a system and professionals like this are fundamental to success in this competitive market.”

Spread the love


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.