As an Afghanistan combat veteran, National Guardswoman, grad student, and a mother of two, Texas singer-songwriter Bree Jaxson has accomplished quite a lot in this life. However, though she already has a great deal to be proud of, she won’t settle until she realizes her lifelong dream of making it as a full-time artist. The Baltimore native is well on her way to achieving this goal. She released her first single, “Kryptonite” in 2018 under the name BreeLynn. In December of 2020, she signed a distribution deal with Heart Songs Records. This February, she dropped “Make Me Hate You,” her first single as Bree Jaxson. Earning a spot on Apple Hot Tracks, Jaxson’s latest track was received very favorably, making the release of her upcoming EP “This is Me” that much more highly-anticipated! Informed by the work of artists such as Martina McBride, Christina Aguilera, and Joss Stone and influenced by the hip-hop, pop, and rock she was exposed to growing up in Maryland, Jaxson’s distinctive take on the country genre is sure to appeal to listeners of all stripes.
Top 3 songs on your playlist?
On my current playlist:
- “This is Me” – Keala Settle – The Greatest Showman Soundtrack
- “It Didn’t” – Madeline Merlo
- “Thinking About You” – Dustin Lynch/Lauren Alaina
First live concert?
As I am sure is like most women my age, my first live concert was Britney Spears! I was eight years old, and I got to take three girlfriends to see her live for my birthday, and I thought we were the coolest girls around.
- My dream MALE collaboration would be with Chase Rice. Not only do I love his voice, but the messages in his music seem to align well with my views on things
- My dream FEMALE collaboration would be with Lindsay Ell. She is one of the most talented artists out there right now, and I really look up to her for inspiration. The fact that she is unapologetically her and doesn’t ever try to fit the mold also intrigues me.
As a new artist, I am not afraid to admit that I still get a little stage fright now and then, so honestly, I just try to relax as much as possible. (Or drink a shot of some good tequila!)
Interests outside of music?
Besides my family (which is a given), I am really big into fitness. I love going for a good run to clear my head or putting on some ‘90s rap and lifting in the gym. I also love anything outdoors—hiking, biking, shooting.
Connect with Bree Jaxson
Website | @breejaxsonmusicoffical on Facebook and Instagram and @breejaxson on Twitter